Become an expert in research paper writing
Writing A Research Paper Problem Statement: Tips & Tricks
This article shows you how to write a research paper that clearly highlights your response to a problem statement throughout the essay by showing you a few tips and tricks on how this can be accomplished.
Defining the problem statement
Do not confuse this with an actual problem. In essence, the essay is persuasive in tone by putting forward a strong argument.
- The problem in this context will be the thesis statement. You will be using your response to it throughout your essay as your main theme or line of enquiry.
- You could say that you are setting out to solve a problem that will extend the thesis statement.
- In formal, academic language, your problem-solving initiative will be known as your own, independent assertion. Your opening statement will show how you will be going forward with your argument or suggestion.
Where to go for information
This will depend on your subject matter. In some cases, research may require unconventional work that is original in its execution.
- Internet research is fine so long as you are able to refine your searches and recognize the credibility of your sources.
- City and college libraries remain the best areas for meticulous research that includes close readings of a range of texts.
- In some cases, interviews may be conducted. Try your best to gain full permission from your interviewees to be quoted in your paper.
How to write the paper
The research paper is part of your academic work. It will be a formal, written presentation which adheres to rules laid down by your faculty.
- The language you will be using is formal and objective. What it will not be is colloquial and emotive. While it is formal, the language should be written with vocabulary that will be understood by most readers.
- Adopt the standard approach to writing formal essays by including an introduction, main body, and conclusion. The problem statement should be mentioned and discussed in each of these parts.
- Write at least three drafts before approaching the final script. When writing has been completed, always edit well afterwards. Clearly highlight your response to the problem statement.
Revising the thesis statement
Your dissertation will only be effective if your response to the thesis statement has been coherently presented throughout the essay. Make a point of including this in your introduction and briefly remind readers of your response in your conclusion.
This article has briefly demonstrated how you can respond professionally to a problem statement in a well-researched paper and show your expertise in addressing the problem.
Term Paper Guides
- How to save your time: write an outline
- Looking for term paper sample
- Fresh topics to write on
- Unusual Psychology topics collection
- Term paper outline samples using
- Picking a new healthcare topic
- Methodology section writing tips
- Term paper APA formatting manual
- Title page formatting guide
- History topics: make it exciting
- Argumentative topics for your paper
- MLA format headings
- Composing an outline
- Sociology project on racism
- An introductory paragraph example
- Case study writing manual
- Purchasing a paper online
- Writing a great term paper in 5 steps
- What makes a good topic
- Thesis statement for your paper
- Terrorism research paper topics
- Topic sentence writing guide
- The basics of APA formatting
- Selecting a term paper topic
- English paper umbrella topics
- 20 Psychology topics
- Trust the professionals
- Choosing a Psychology paper topic
- APA formatting manual
- MLA/APA: formatting guide
- Writing hints: the note cards method
- MLA paper standards
- How to make your topic interesting
When it comes to searching for help to writing essays, be sure to use our free source of tips and guides. Find useful advice on proofreading and start writing at the next level.
© TheCustomerExperienceInstitute.org. Research And Term Paper Writing Tutorials