Become an expert in research paper writing
Easy Tips on How to Write A Research Thesis in a Single Sentence!
What is a research thesis statement?
The research thesis statement is the unifying element, guideline for the research paper. The research thesis statement must be short, sweet, simple, and straight to the point. The research thesis statement must be in one single sentence, but no more than two sentences. Your instructor must verify the research thesis statement. The thesis statement must address the question that will be answered in the research paper, narrow the topic, and clarify the scope of the research paper.
Tips on writing a good research thesis statement in a single sentence:
The research thesis statement can only be a single sentence and not a long paragraph because you want to get the attention of your targeted reader. Here are some good tips on writing a good research thesis statement in a single sentence:
- Must be simple, concise, and straight to the point.
- Must be able to answer a particular question.
- Must be narrow and flexible, whereby, the reader will be able to understand what the topic of the research paper shall be.
- Never use a first person phrase in your thesis statement.
- The thesis must describe the topic of the research paper and your position on the topic.
- The thesis statement must be able to assist you with the writing of your research paper and keep you on point regarding your position on the topic.
- The thesis should be the first part of your research paper.
- Do not use vague words when writing your thesis because your targeted reader must be able to understand what you are writing about in your research paper.
- Never use sentence structures like this “The focus of the paper I am writing is……” when writing your thesis statement.
- The thesis statement must be as clear and specific as possible.
- You should always be revising the thesis statement as you are writing the research paper.
- Once you are finished writing the research paper, you must revise the thesis statement one last time
- The thesis statement must be narrowed based on the number of pages allowed for your research paper.
- The thesis must be written in a way to ensure that it will get to the “meat” of the research paper as quickly as possible.
- The thesis statement must not just include the topic to be discussed, but your position on the topic as well.
- The thesis statement must be original and not just re-stating a fact.
Term Paper Guides
- How to save your time: write an outline
- Looking for term paper sample
- Fresh topics to write on
- Unusual Psychology topics collection
- Term paper outline samples using
- Picking a new healthcare topic
- Methodology section writing tips
- Term paper APA formatting manual
- Title page formatting guide
- History topics: make it exciting
- Argumentative topics for your paper
- MLA format headings
- Composing an outline
- Sociology project on racism
- An introductory paragraph example
- Case study writing manual
- Purchasing a paper online
- Writing a great term paper in 5 steps
- What makes a good topic
- Thesis statement for your paper
- Terrorism research paper topics
- Topic sentence writing guide
- The basics of APA formatting
- Selecting a term paper topic
- English paper umbrella topics
- 20 Psychology topics
- Trust the professionals
- Choosing a Psychology paper topic
- APA formatting manual
- MLA/APA: formatting guide
- Writing hints: the note cards method
- MLA paper standards
- How to make your topic interesting
When it comes to searching for help to writing essays, be sure to use our free source of tips and guides. Find useful advice on proofreading and start writing at the next level.
© TheCustomerExperienceInstitute.org. Research And Term Paper Writing Tutorials